The Recovery Living Case Manager provides services to residents who reside in one of the recovery living residences at CRM. Case Managers are independently responsible for developing a plan of care for each resident and monitoring the progress of the resident during the Recovery Living level of care. The Case Manager interacts with community partners on behalf Charlotte Rescue Mission regarding residents’ 12 step engagement, employment opportunities, health care needs, financial stability, and community wellness events. The goal is to help the resident increase their self-sufficiency at home and in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Recovery Living Case Manager must be capable of responding professionally and ethically to needs of residents in their care. Primary functions include:
- Complete Case Management Assessment, Review and evaluate residents’ progress, and maintain accurate records/reports in the program, ensuring all residents are current with program fees and documents in KIPU.
- Communicate with residents in both a group setting (including virtual) and individual one on one sessions to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Coordinate with community partners to leverage resources with potential employers and skills training opportunities.
- Support the resident with access to multiple health care resources
- Ensure residents continue to engage in a 12 Step program and sponsorship relations.
- Encourage and support residents to build confidence when handling crisis situations.
- Coordinate with community partners to engage residents in accessing financial management resources
- Manage room assignments, access to rooms, I.T. and maintenance requests.
- Perform periodic and random room checks and drug testing for all recovery living program residents.
- Plan and coordinate all alumni functions, alumni monthly newsletters, and volunteer opportunities for alumni.
- Attend all Team meetings, community meetings, and clinical case conference as requested or required.
- Attend training sessions to increase knowledge and skills.
- Adhere to all agency, state, and federal laws regarding confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
Education and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or GED with no less than 3 years of experience in case management roles and/or community linkage to resources.
- Knowledge of Substance Use Disorders, Recovery Services and Aftercare Planning
- Experience with crisis management and managing life barriers
- Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must be able to respond appropriately to unfolding situations and emergencies
- Experience in planning and executing large-scale alumni events
- Charting in health information record system (KIPU) within required time frames
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time while engaged in counseling and supervisory sessions
- Must be able to climb stairs and lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Able to relate effectively to volunteers and other staff in carrying out applicable activities
Charlotte Rescue Mission maintains a Christian working environment as a Christ-centered residential drug and alcohol recovery program where integrity, honesty, and good team relations play a critical role in the success of the ministry. All employees are expected to share their personal hope of Christ with those they meet in thought, word, and deed.
Job descriptions are intended to identify the qualifications, responsibilities and types of duties performed. A job description at Charlotte Rescue Mission is not intended to be a description of all possible duties, responsibilities or requirements that go with a job title.
Applicants can send an application, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.