The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for providing an excellent donor experience for all of Charlotte Rescue Mission donors. The Donor Relations Manager will oversee all procedures to uphold the highest standards and processes to oversee the processing of donor data and donations and serving as an expert on the Virtuous database. This person will also oversee donor list management, donor programs and daily donation processing.
This is a customer service and data driven role and requires attention to detail when processing donations. The position requires set hours to open mail, process gifts with accurate data entry, and receipt all donations within 48 hours. The blackout dates for this position are December 31 and January 2nd and the week the auditors are here for the annual audit (usually mid-August).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Donor Relations Coordinator and oversee all gift entry and receipting in Virtuous on all gifts (cash, credit card, stock, and GIK)
- Maintain meticulous gift documentation and assist the auditors in their yearly review of our records
- Manage special giving programs such as first-time donors, matching gifts, and lapsing donors
- Process online donations and monitor lapsed/declined credit card donors to update credit card information
- Responsible for the planning and execution of gift receipting, ensuring all donors are thanked within 48 hours.
- Develop and implement strategy to attract, retain, and re-activate donors (telephone thank you program, new donor bonding, lapsed donor postcards, lapsed donor telemarketing campaign, etc.)
- Provide special stewardship for donors who do not meet the Major Gifts threshold and work closely with the Major Gifts team on strategy and areas of overlap
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of Virtuous data; work with Development staff to pull accurate mailing lists, query updates, reports and lists for event invitations and in-house mailing
- Provide excellent and timely customer service to donors with questions via phone and email
- Recruit, train and supervise staff, including Donor Relations Coordinator and PRNs/temps who will assist with this work. Also recruit, train, and manage office volunteers
- Responsible for preparing and sending year-end giving statements
- Maintain office supplies for gift receipts for Development Department and place orders, as needed
- Work closely with the Director of Development and other staff to develop fundraising strategies
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma.
- Two or more years of experience in fundraising and direct mail.
- Two or more years of experience supervising a team.
- Work experience in non-profit preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member; willingness to learn new things and take on new projects to further the goals of the team
- Must be able to work in an environment of constant demands and frequent interruptions
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Advanced working knowledge of Virtuous preferred, or experience working with computerized data systems/CRMs
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows work environment and Microsoft Office
- Proficient with basic accounting principles
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- Must be able to spend the majority of time sitting, speaking, listening, and/or writing
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Charlotte Rescue Mission maintains a Christian working environment as a Christ-centered residential drug and alcohol recovery program where integrity, honesty, concern for others and good team relations play a critical role in the success of the ministry. All employees are expected to share their personal hope of Christ with those they come in contact within thought, word and deed.
Job descriptions are intended to identify the key qualifications, responsibilities and types of duties expected on the job. The job description at the Charlotte Rescue Mission is not intended to be a description of all possible duties, responsibilities or requirements that may be present or encountered in any particular job assignment.
Applicants can send a resume, cover letter, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.