The Development Assistant provides support for the Office of Donor Relations is responsible for day-to-day gift processing, receipting, and donor stewardship. This person will provide excellent customer service to our mission donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open all CRM mail each morning and prepare batches to be scanned by accounting department.
- Responsible for day-to-day gift processing and data entry activities and ensuring accurate processing of checks.
- Responsible for the thank you and receipting process within 24 hour turn around policy.
- Accurately use data entry protocols to enter records of donors acquired by CRM into the Virtuous database and make address changes as needed.
- Work with Donor Relations team to steward donors (alumni thank you program, new donor bonding, donor retention.)
- Process credit cards.
- Provide daily reports to Major Gift Officers.
- Create, prepare and send Honorarium and Memorials cards within a 24- hour turn around.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors by promptly returning phone calls and emails.
- Notify major gift officers when major gifts are received timely.
- Notify donor relations associate when honor and memorial gifts are received timely.
- Responsible for tracking inventory for printed materials.
- Responsible for scanning grant, major gifts and acknowledgments.
- Work with Grants Manager to ensure all acknowledgments are signed and sent to donor in a timely manner.
- Work with Development staff on any assigned projects.
- Participate in Development staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required.
- Associates degree and two years’ work experience or four-year college degree
- Work experience in church or non-profit setting preferred.
- Working knowledge of Virtuous or demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows work environment and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with basic gift allocation processes.
- Proficient in reconciliation of deposits.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Strong self-motivation, initiative, and the ability to work as a team member.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment of constant demands and frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to spend the majority of time sitting, speaking, listening, or writing.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Charlotte Rescue Mission maintains a Christian working environment as a Christ-centered residential drug and alcohol recovery program where integrity, honesty, concern for others and good team relations play a critical role in the success of the ministry. All employees are expected to share their personal hope of Christ with those they come in contact with thought, word and deed.
Job descriptions are intended to identify the key qualifications, responsibilities and types of duties expected on the job. The job description at the Charlotte Rescue Mission is not intended to be a description of all possible duties, responsibilities or requirements that may be present or encountered in any particular job assignment.
Applicants can send an application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.