The Assistant Food Service Manager is responsible for assisting the Food Service Manager in all operations related to food and food safety for CRM Dove’s Nest, which includes preparation, serving meals, vending, donations, purchasing, inventory, receiving, storage, equipment, USDA commodities and supervision of residents and volunteers in the food service area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Food preparation processes, following food safety and nutrition guidelines
- Supervising, training & assisting volunteers
- Develop & Maintain a “Team” work environment within the kitchen
- Assist in training residents in their specified job duties
- Oversee food donations, deliveries, and pick ups
- Monitor Paper & Chemical Inventory & USDA Inventory
- Assist in maintaining cleaning & sanitation guidelines
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the Food Service Manager or Program Director
- Assist with holiday meals (Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter)
Current ServSafe certification, Valid Driver’s License
Menu preparation/planning, food safety, inventory control, food purchasing and budget, pest control, safety, and emergency actions, familiar with nutritional guidelines.
Supervisory skills, ability to work with a team and volunteers
Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, both written and oral
Must be able to work in an environment of constant demands and frequent interruptions
Must be able to multi-task, cooking for 100+ people
Tolerate cold storage
Must be able to spend the majority of time walking, standing, climbing stairs
Must be able to lift 35-75 pounds
Charlotte Rescue Mission maintains a Christian working environment as a Christ-centered residential drug and alcohol recovery program where integrity, honesty, concern for others and good team relations play a critical role in the success of the ministry. All employees are expected to share their personal hope of Christ with those they come in contact within thought, word and deed.
To apply, please send resume to Sheri Lucas at Sheri.Lucas@charlotterescuemission.org.