The Admissions Associate is responsible for pre-admission screening and intake duties related to incoming residents for both Charlotte Rescue Mission. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and work well with other staff in coordinating and scheduling new admissions as well as collaborating with community partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Returns phone calls from potential residents, families, and agencies, providing information about the program
- Screens potential residents by phone
- Request and review documentation to assess eligibility and appropriateness of potential residents
- Drug tests and breathalyzes incoming residents, obtaining required consent
- Completes with new resident, all intake forms, releases, and information worksheets. Have each signed accordingly with in KIPU.
- Search resident belongings, securing contraband and medications per policy and procedure
- Participates in admissions meetings
- Strictly adheres to all state/federal laws and agency policy and regarding confidentiality
- Conducts admissions screenings off-site as requested by supervisor
- Participate in weekend rotation for admissions calls
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- College degree in human services or related field preferred
- Ability to form positive connections with prospective residents
- Completion of training related to handling of medication and drug screen protocol
- Registration with NCASPPB preferred
- Understanding of Addiction Treatment Issues
- Appropriate verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Windows work environment and Microsoft Office
- Clerical and computer skills including Excel proficiency
- Must be able to respond appropriately to unfolding emergency situations
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Must be able to sit, stand, and climb stairs
Charlotte Rescue Mission maintains a Christian working environment as a Christ-centered residential drug and alcohol recovery program where integrity, honesty, and good team relations play a critical role in the success of the ministry. All employees are expected to share their personal hope of Christ with those they come in contact with in thought, word and deed.
Job descriptions are intended to identify the qualifications, responsibilities and types of duties performed. A job description at Charlotte Rescue Mission is not intended to be a description of all possible duties, responsibilities or requirements that go with a job title.
Applicants can send a resume, cover letter, and application to email@example.com.