“Fill the Nest” Housewarming Shower
Posted 05/01/2012 - by Ed, The Wizard of .Org in Blog
Charlotte Rescue Mission’s new Dove’s Nest for women is getting close to completion and our friends at Bella Tunno want to help decorate the rooms and make the facility a true home for the residents with the “Fill the Nest” campaign.
Bella Tunno has created online and in-store registries so that the community can help “Fill the Nest.” On May 20th The Dove’s Nest will be opening their doors to the community from 11:00am – 3:00pm for tours and light refreshments of the new facility on West Boulevard. This time will also serve as a “Housewarming Shower” to “Fill the Nest” to make sure these women get all the bedding, furnishings, and necessities they need to feel completely comfortable in their new home.
“We want to make sure these ladies have everything they need on their road to recovery,” says Rev. Tony Marciano, Executive Director of the Charlotte Rescue Mission. “Going from 12 beds to 120 is no easy task. That’s why we’re very grateful to Bella Tunno and the Charlotte community for helping the new Dove’s Nest start off on the right track.”
Here’s how the community can help:
1. Shop online at any of our 4 registries (Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Walmart and Toys R Us).
2. Shop in person and select items from the registries to bring to the housewarming party on May 20
3. Purchase a gift card to Lowes, Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target or Walmart and have it sent to the current Dove’s Nest at 1814 Euclid Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28203.
4. Drop off cleaning supplies.
5. Make a monetary donation (Be sure to select “Fill The Nest” from the drop-down options next to the amount).
For more information, log onto www.bellatunno.com/dovesnest